Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

12/24 Hour MTB Challenge - Rotorua

Last post 04-04-2007, 7:14 PM by Timmy. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-04-2007, 7:14 PM 672

12/24 Hour MTB Challenge - Rotorua

I've decided to make this an official-non official club trip, since there is nothing on the calender for the weekend that this is on; that being the 12th of May. My old work is doing this, so I am going no matter what; Just thinking that we could wrangle a team of at least 5 together for the weekend.

- What is it? Its the Cateye Moonride http://www.moonride.co.nz, in Rotorua, you can do a 12 or 24 hour option, with up to 5 team members

- I cant ride for 12 minutes, let alone 12 hours... WTF!! No silly. you ride around a track one at a time for the respective 12 or 24 hour race. The track is about half an hour's ride, so that works out to be about 4 rides around the track for each rider, the rest of the time, you're Warming up on the training machine - or doing something else - drinking is a popular choice.

- How much is it? Not sure yet

- Where do we stay? - A 10x5m Campsite is given to all teams, the track runs through it, you eat, drink, sleep there, even maintain your bike there, like the Grand Prix. Its glamorous.

Check out the website for more info.

Cher, Timmy

Filed under: ,
View as RSS news feed in XML